Bibliotecha - An offline, digital, community library
Bibliotecha is a framework to facilitate the local distribution of digital publications within a small community. It relies on a microcomputer running open-source software to serve books over a local wifi hotspot. Using the browser to connect to the library one can retrieve or donate texts. Bibliotecha proposes an alternative model of distribution of digital texts that allows specific communities to form and share their own collections.
Bilibliotecha was born during the Free Libraries for Every Soul Hackathon in studio Monnik, Utrecht, part of the Impakt Festival.
Lasse van den Bosch Christensen
Roel Roscam Abbing
at the hackathon...with some proper dutch food
* 2015 October - Bibliotecha Presnetation and workshop at Radical Networks Conference, New York
* 2015 September - Bibliotecha installed and presented at Hackers and Designers in De Punt, Amsterdam
* 2015 May - Bibliotecha@Workshop for the New World, Bureau Europa in Maastricht
* 2014 May - Bibliotecha is presented at the AMRO 2014 Festival in Linz
* 2014 April - Bibliotecha is featured on the cover of [lire+écrire]